Implement work-based learning >
Benefits of wbl for trainees
Benefits for trainees/students in work-based learning programmes
- They make connections between real work expectations and the classroom
- They may pursue education with a greater sense of purpose
- They interact with adult role models other than teachers
- They gain experience enriched opportunities to learn and perform
- They develop new skills and experiences
- They are accepted into the „adult world“ and gain self-esteem
- They expand their horizons and awareness of future work options
Companies already engaging in VET under a dual education system are, naturally, familiar with work-based learning resp. training.
Many vocational colleges have experiences with work placements or internships.
Designing work-based learning as learning units for competency assessment, requires, however, some extra considerations.
© f-bb (Forschungsinstitut Betriebliche Bildung) | Impressum | Datenschutz-Data privacy