Learning support and guidance >
Occasions and opportunities
Occasions and opportunities for learning support and guidance
Of course, assistance should be given whenever the trainee asks for it or is evidently in trouble. On the other hand, trainers should set their own intervention agenda.
Typical occasions or indicators for intervention:
- beginning of the training unit
- end of the training unit
- intermediate feedback
- explanation of a new learning method (e. g. project work)
- typical mistakes (learning chances)
- supply of resources
- team building, relation to colleagues
- preparation for assessment
Steps of a learning support intervention:
- Based on a question/an occasion for counselling, the expert and the learner agree on an objective/objectives of the counselling process.
- They try to determine opportunities and barriers to achieving these objectives.
- The steps towards achieving the objectives are outlined.
- The learner works according to these steps.
- Learner and advisor evaluate the results and possibly adapt the course of action.
© f-bb (Forschungsinstitut Betriebliche Bildung) | Impressum | Datenschutz-Data privacy